Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ahhh.... summmer! Getting organized and getting refreshed (freebies included!)

I don't know if you have seen this comic or not, but I feel it is SUPER appropriate to post right now.  We all put in so much time, hard work, and yes, even tears... we deserve a break!   It's so exciting to get a month or two to relax, refresh, and grow!

I think, though, if I made the comic, the June would be me looking worn down and ragged, possibly lay in bed trying to sleep, the July would have me spending money and/or crafting, and the August would have me working on last minute organization.

I had my time to relax, currently I'm in that weird panic mode where I feel like nothing will actually get accomplished.  I feel like Santa... making lists, checking them twice...

A few weeks ago I posted about changing classrooms and trying to get organized.  Since then, I have created a few items for my classroom.  The past three weeks have been full of me creating stuff for my classroom.  Michael's has been my friend (also my husband has been overly patient with the HUGE mess I'm making in the dining room! Thanks, hon!))

This is my project for Wednesday and Thursday of this week.... 4 words.... black chalkboard contact paper!  I can't wait to see how this turns out!


I ended up making those clothespin!  And, made matching letters to go along with them!! LOVE how they turned out!  They will go great with my color scheme this year!

Sent my "How to be a Good Mathematician" Posters to Office Max to have them professionally printed.  I ABSOLUTELY cannot WAIT to hang these around the room!!
Want your own?  You can grab them in my TpT store AND if you just aren't sure how awesome they are, check out the TpT preview and you might just find 4 of them for FREE!!
 This week was spent with more color coding in my room.  I constantly use the rainbow to help keep me organized.  This year, my room will be MMD colors!  Magenta, Citrus, Lime, Teal and Purple!  

I'm currently using these awesome colors to create Behavior Incentive Boards.... Hoping to get those finished up this week so that I can post them!  Make sure to check out my blog to see more updates there!

Here's what they look like so far!  LOVE how the color turned out on the canvas!

And, to top that off, I've been creating more planners to help everyone else get organized! I made quite a few this past week... I'm learning that creating fun organization tools might be my new calling... maybe now I can convince myself to use them!

Okay enough with how I'm getting myself organized!  Here are some ways you can get yourself organized!

First, FREE editable labels to help bring some fun pops of color to your classroom! 
Then, because so many of you are working with the CCSS this year, FREE Common Core Checklists for MATH Common Core Standards. Click each picture below to go directly to the download!

   
Remember to leave some love if you download these freebies!

I sincerely hope that each of you is taking some time for yourself over this summer break!  Leave a comment telling me what you are doing to refresh yourself for the upcoming year!  

Don't forget to download, not 1, but 5 freebies!! AND.... a ONE lucky commenter will receive a FULL How to Be a Good Mathematician Poster set (winner to be chosen on Friday 7/19!)  Make sure to leave your email in order to be eligible to receive the Posters!


MissMathDork 
Want to stay in contact with me?  Here are some awesome options:

32 comments:

  1. Love the checklist. Always good to keep track. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Glad that it will be useful
      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  2. Love the posters and labels! Thanks for the freebies! Would love to win the whole set reid.krista@hotmail.com
    I also used some washi tape on some clothespins this week. Super cute and easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!! Check your email for you very own set of posters!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE those posters! I was at 4mulafun's presentation at CAMT last week and they are so great. I can't wait to have a set for my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Danielle! Jenn told me she met you! I hope you had a blast at CAMT!!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  4. Wow, you've really been hard at work. You have done some really great things and I can't wait to see how your room looks in the end.

    Erica
    Shepherd's Shining Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica! I can't wait for it to be done!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  5. These make me wish I taught math! Thanks for sharing the freebies anyway :)

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  6. I wish I was as creative as you! I always go in to decorate and leave nor liking it. I'm going to a new room and new school this year so maybe I can spice it up. Thanks for all of the cute ideas! Jamie.Mitchell0501@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!!!! Check your email for your own set of posters!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  7. You have been busy! After 35 years of teaching math, I still look for new ideas and ways to spice up math for my 8th graders. Thanks for being one of my "go-to" bloggers. medley dawn@swbell.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words!!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love your common core checklists! Thanks for saving me a ton of work! taylormparker@me.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are super welcome!!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  9. Jamie,
    I am so intrigued by the idea of covering your desk in chalkboard contact paper. You have to post pics when it is done. Genius idea! I have some chalkboard contact paper posters for the wall outside my room this year...they look like speech bubbles. I think I'll have the kids put something in them, instead of me. Your good mathematician posters made me think of my "criteria for mathematical thinking" set I have in my room. I wish I had a copy to send you, I think you could blend it with your posters. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I did with the original, and I'm not in school until the last week of August. If I remember, I will try to liven them up and send you a copy.
    Sidney
    teachingisagift@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sidney! I would love for you to find those!! If you do, you have my email :)

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  10. Wow, you have been busy! You're my hero (I say this while I am being lazy on the sofa). I love all of your ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Peanut! I hope you are enjoying Disney!! Take a pic with Tigger for me!!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  11. Love all of your freebies! Thanks so much for sharing...I'm inspired by your hard work this summer. Would love to win a set of the math posters!

    I love your blog!
    ~ Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words, Kristen! I need to get a lot more done, but it's getting there!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the freebies! I love your new color scheme. I would love to win the posters! tracy m custer @ gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are super welcome! I hope they are all useful to you!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  13. I'm looking forward to using the CCSS checklist with my third and fourth graders this year. It will be so helpful (and I didn't have to make it myself!!!) I'd love to win the posters. jkmyjwm(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how the checklists work out for you! I need to get my act together and finish the HS ones!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  14. You've done an awesome job! I love the idea of chalkboard contact paper! I had no idea it existed. Do they make dry erase contact paper too?
    lkerrins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I just googled "dry erase contact paper" and had lots of hits!! Wow.... that's SUPER exciting... I might need that instead!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  15. You are truly amazing! I love all your work. You always give me inspiration. I love your enthusiasm. Keep up the awesome work. Thanks also for being so generous with all your freebies. If you are on Instagram, I'd love it if you followed me there @gardenfullofknowledge.
    Najda
    najda_2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind! I am on instagram and I will definitely follow you back!!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete
  16. Please let me know how the chalkboard contact paper turns out!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Andrea! Crossing my finger it works out well!

      Mathematically yours,
      Jamie aka MissMathDork!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your input!

-All Things Upper Elementary

Blogging tips