Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thinking about INBs...What's First?

After my last post about Interactive Notebooks for All, I fielded a lot of questions like, "Where do I begin?" My friends, I am so excited that you are joining me on the journey of continual Interactive Learning in your classroom!


The first step for anything for me is the planning stage. I must take my time and think how I want things to layout cohesively to make them make sense. 

So, I have a FREEBIE for you! I just loaded my Interactive Notebook Planning Sheets for you to use in your planning! They go from page 1-199 and offer you room to plan your concepts and I even had enough room to add in the standard as I am planning some for a special project right now.


And if you are looking for a FREE checklist to go with the Common Core State Standards, MissMathDork has some awesome ones out (you can barely see her logo in my picture up above). You can grab the K-2, 3-5 and/or the 6-8 for FREE from her Teachers Pay Teachers store as well!

So, who's with me on the Interactive Notebook Journey for 2013-2014?


Mathematically Yours,

Jennifer Smith-Sloane
4mulaFun on Facebook
4mulaFun on Pinterest


14 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo! Thanks so much for sharing. I am going to try it from day 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will kick yourself or not starting sooner! I have been doing it for three year and I've learned new things every year about them and LOVE how it has changed my classes.

      Delete
  2. I use INB EVERYDAY for EVERYTHING!!!! I found an awesome planner resource as well. Its from Math=Love. I blogged about it here.
    http://hodgesherald.blogspot.com/2012/08/math-notebooks-redeaux.html

    Thanks for this resource, I am definitely in and tweaking what I did this year as well.

    THANKS
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good resource. I learned I like to plan right in my notebook as it allows me to see the exact amount of space needed for things and I pre-make mine before I work with my kiddos. Post Its are great cover-ups!

      Delete
  3. This is a great tool! Thanks so much for sharing - the organization is one of the keys to success!! I just bought Jen Rundes Interactive Math Notebooks resource, so this will work perfectly with it in the fall :)
    Jenn
    Doodling Around in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are on the right track! I'm planning 6th-8th INBs right now aligned to TEKS and CCSS for my workshops this summer.

      Delete
  4. I'm in. I tried to do it this year but was not successful. I really need help. This might help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am here to help! I post here every two weeks and 3-4 times a week on my blog as well. Please feel free to reach out to me!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I downloaded your graph unit this spring and it worked well. I have a question. How do you keep your lessons short? With all the cutting and gluing, I find it takes up most of my class period.

      Delete
    3. For my classes it was all about teaching them that the first thing they do when they come into class is get started on the prep-work for the day. I have blogged about the set-up a bit on my blog in a post last September (http://www.4mulafun.com/classroom_finally/). I will definitely blog about this in the upcoming posts. :)

      Delete
    4. I also tried INBs this year, with limited success. I hope to do better next year, since I really do want to make this work.

      Delete
  5. I am a new teacher next year although I have been in the trenches as a TA for quite a few years. I am really looking forward to getting my own classroom and shaking things up a little. Can't wait to get the notebooks started! Thanks for the planning pages and looking forward following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth,

      Thank you so much for the sweet compliment! I think as a first year teacher this will be an amazing adventure for you! Can't wait to see what you create!

      Jennifer Smith-Sloane
      4mulaFun

      Delete
  6. My team teacher and I are planning to use these this year. I am excited. These planning sheets are great! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your input!

-All Things Upper Elementary

Blogging tips