Thursday, May 2, 2013

Interactive Notebooks for All!

Interactive Notebooks have such great potential in the classroom and can truly be individualized to meet the needs of not only each subject but also each learner.

Over the past three years, I have totally changed how I teach in my classroom through the use of Interactive Notebooks and today I want to share a little bit of that with you.

I filmed the two videos below of my Interactive Notebooks earlier this school year. They are way beyond this now and I plan to take some time this summer to film each unit to share with you.

There are some items in each that are similar and others that aren't. The first video was for my Resource Middle School Math classes that were typically working on a 4th-5th grade reading and math level.

The second video was my 7th grade math class that was Rockin' and Rollin'. 

Now that I teach in a virtual school, we still work each week on an Interactive Notebook. I send the resources to them, I give them directions, I teach the lesson and then it is up to them to complete their notebooks. It's a bit more of a challenge but so well worth it!



Weekly I received pictures of completed Flippables and Interactive Notebooks from my students and I totally love it because it shows me they are taking ownership of their learning.

If you are interested in seeing any more of my Interactive Notebook resources, feel free to check out my blog for various discussions and examples as well as my Teachers Pay Teachers store to find all of the various activities that I have created for Interactive Notebooks (with many more added all the time).


P.S. This Summer I am planning to add to many videos to my YouTube account. You might want to go ahead and follow me to stay up to date on new videos a they are posted. I'd love if you left me a comment of any math video you might like to see so I can add them into my list that I am already planning. 

8 comments:

  1. Just visited your TPT store and got some great resources! Thanks!
    Meredith
    www.sanders6thgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I am so motivated to get working on more resources this summer that it just excites me daily!

      I would love to see what you did with resources you grabbed from my store.

      Jennifer Smith-Sloane
      4mulaFun

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Why thank you! Hope to have many more coming soon!

      Jennifer Smith-Sloane
      4mulaFun

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I just checked out your link and I have to say you are amazing me with Pre-K Science Journals!

      Jennifer Smith-Sloane
      4mulaFun

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your input!

-All Things Upper Elementary

Blogging tips